The purpose of Lung Cancer Foundation of America (LCFA) is to save lives by improving the survival rate of lung cancer by raising money from the private sector and channeling those funds to lung cancer researchers, so that researchers find effective ways to predict, detect, and treat lung cancer.
Lung Cancer Foundation of America’s mission is to save lives by dramatically increasing the five-year survival rates for all stages of lung cancer, the nation’s leading cause of cancer deaths for both men and women. LCFA will accomplish this by providing the necessary and critical funding for creative and leading edge lung cancer research programs. These will include programs that:
- Lead to the development of effective predictive protocols.
- Lead to the development of effective early detection.
- Lead to the development of effective prognostic and treatment protocols.
- Recognize, support and encourage researchers and established research programs in the areas of lung cancer.
- Encourage new lung cancer researchers by way of career development awards.