LEGAL AND PRIVACY POLICIES
Lung Cancer Foundation of America (“LCFA”) is committed to the responsible handling of information. While you may access most of the information on LCFA’s website without providing any information about yourself, there are some instances when LCFA will require information about you such as when providing services to you or when you make a contribution to LCFA. LCFA does not otherwise gather information from online visitors unless they provide the information knowingly and voluntarily. LCFA is committed at all times to maintaining the privacy of the information which you may from time to time provide to LCFA.
Lung Cancer Foundation of America is dedicated to the mission of raising funds for lung cancer research.
In keeping with that goal, LCFA takes pride in its fiscal responsibility, transparency and lean operating
Below are our annual reports and Federal tax documents:
- Annual Report 2009/2010 (PDF)
- Annual Report 2011/2012 (PDF)
- Annual Report 2012/2013 (PDF)
- Annual Report 2013/2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Federal Tax Form 990 (PDF)
- 2013 Federal Tax Form 990 (PDF)
- 2012 Federal Tax Form 990 (PDF)
- 2011 Federal Tax Form 990 (PDF)
- 2010 Federal Tax Form 990 (PDF)
- 2009 Federal Tax Form 990 (PDF)
- 2008 Federal Tax Form 990 (PDF)
Information Collected – Voluntarily
LCFA only gathers information from its online visitors knowingly and voluntarily. By example, information may be requested as part of an online contribution, when you volunteer, when a website visitor requests information from LCFA, or, as part of a LCFA event. Types of information we may request that you provide to LCFA includes:
- Address with zip code
- Telephone Number
- E-mail address
- Credit card number together with expiration date (for online purchases and/or donations)
This information is used by LCFA for internal purposes only and is not shared with other organizations and/or entities for any reason, commercial or otherwise. There may be some limited circumstances when LCFA shares personal information with third parties who provide services on behalf of LCFA such as third-parties undertaking mass mailings on behalf of LCFA, advising of events, processing credit card payments and the like. Any third- party providing such service(s) on behalf of LCFA is required to maintain the privacy of the information provided and may not use the information for any purpose other than for providing the service(s) requested by LCFA.
Information Collected – Automatically
LCFA also collects standard, general internet information about site usage, visitors, Web service and the like. This information is for internal use only and is not shared with other organizations and/or entities or for commercial purposes. Instead, this information is used by LCFA to assist in the ongoing design of its website and to provide better content and a better and more helpful website
LCFA’s website provides links to other websites. These are provided for convenience only. LCFA is not responsible for the information and/or content contained on these websites and makes no representations of any type or kind about these sites. The links to these other websites should in no way be construed as an endorsement, authorization, or sponsorship by LCFA of the organization, entity or individual operating the website and LCFA MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY TYPE OR KIND WITH RESPECT TO SUCH SITES AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY SUCH WARRANTIES AND OR REPRESENTATIONS AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION OR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH OR ON THESE SITES.
Linking to LCFA
LCFA welcomes owners of other websites to use a hyper-text link to LCFA’s website understanding, though, that the linking shall in no way suggest that LCFA promotes or endorses the third-party organization, entity or individual in any manner whatsoever. Moreover, LCFA is not responsible for the information or materials contained on the linking website and LCFA MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY TYPE OR KIND WITH RESPECT TO SUCH LINKING WEBSITE AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY SUCH WARRANTIES AND OR REPRESENTATIONS AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR RELIANCE UPON ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE THROUGH OR ON THESE LINKING WEBSITES. LCFA requires that the use of a hyper-text link to its site be done as follows:
- Text-only links must be clearly marked “Lung Cancer Foundation of America”
- The link should point to the URL www.lcfamerica.org. It should not point to the other pages within the Lung Cancer Foundation of America website.
- When activated the link shall display the Lung Cancer Foundation of America website full-screen and not be within a frame on the linking website
- The appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not be such as to (i) dilute the goodwill associated with Lung Cancer Foundation of America, (ii) create any appearance or inference that the entity creating the link is associated with or sponsored by Lung Cancer Foundation of America. LCFA reserves the right to terminate any links to its website at any time and for any reason.
Use of LCFA Website Content
Unless otherwise indicated, all of the information and material appearing on LCFA’s website is copyrighted by, and proprietary to, Lung Cancer Foundation of America. This information and material includes text, graphics, logos, icons, images and design and any audio visual works appearing on LCFA’s
website. The information and material may not be copied, displayed, reproduced, transmitted, altered, republished, sublicensed, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in any way, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of LCFA.